Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Thursday, June 01, 2006

What?

So what DOES it take to get me to break my long silence and post of this thing? A great joy in my life that I want to share? A tragic loss? An issue about which I am so enraged or passionate that I simply must speak out? Or just some relief from the crushing depression that has defined the past year or so of my life. What? you ask.

All of those are likely candidates, or would be if any had happened. Such is not the case.

No. Rather, the motivation here was merely the very odd contents of the fortune cookie I got with some Chinese takeout the other night. Of course.

"Hard words break no bones, fine words butter no parsnips."

Discuss.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now need chinese food for dinner...

EMA

9:56 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Um.... Yeah.

Maybe it's trying to say we shouldn't get worked up about what someone says, be it good or bad?

As bad as something someone said is, it's still just talk.

Likewise, just because someone sounds good doesn't Mean they're all that?

6:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

i find 'parsnips' is not used enough in our daily lives.

have you seen this site, greg?

http://www.fwfr.com/

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home