Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Silly Me

I go weeks (and weeks) at a time without posting on my own blog. Finally I post something and say to myself "Self, you've gotta starting posting more regularly." Then what do I do? I get sucked into posting in a magnificent little flame war ON SOMEONE ELSE'S BLOG.

I'm pathetic.

Still, this has been both a hoot and a frustrating exercise in flawed reasoning (or perhaps just outright pathology). I doubt I'd've gotten sucked in were it not that infuriating combination.

Anway, here's the link:

http://centernjlife.blogspot.com/2005/11/costly-indoor-smoking-ban.html

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob S. said...

Yeah, it just sucks you in, dunnit? But then he started getting so rude I had to pack it in. He's got a rage problem, he's anonymous, and he's local, and whatever he thinks of me, my name is right out there. So I thought it best not to provoke him anymore, however much fun it was at first.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Sharon GR said...

"both a hoot and a frustrating exercise in flawed reasoning"

Yep, that's it, all right. And it does totally suck you right in- I walked away for a couple days (my "real life" demanded my attention) and I spent a long while reading everything today. Wow.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Greg! said...

Uh-huh. Sucked me right on in. I think at first it caught the teacher in me. Maybe I'm being a little generous with myself there. Perhaps it was just the rhetorician. Or a combination of the two. It has been years, true, but I was trained in these things.

I've come to think, though, that what this guy needs is a psychiatrist and some strong, strong meds. You read enough of his ranting and you start to see signs that look sadly like symptoms of schizophrenia. He just doesn't have both feet in the same reality as the rest of us.

Or perhaps he's just a cracker asshole with an axe to grind.

Either way, I'm walking away.

Bored now.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Rob S. said...

Yep. Your first response when dealing with another human being is, "I can reason with him." Which in certain cases is absolutely wrong.

An illustration. Tonight, on the train home, a kid got on with his mom at Newark. He was crying, and sat a few rows ahead of me. Wailing. Really putting effort into it -- he was taking deep breaths to make sure we all could hear him.

Now, I have the nurturing instincts of that woman in the last episode of MASH, so I was getting antsy. I put my earbuds in, turned up the celtic rock, and could still hear him.

Eventually I decide to leave the car. Which is the wise thing to do when confronted with a whiny-ass child who you have no responsibility for. Every now and then, I just need to learn that lesson again.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home