Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

And so it begins...

It's taken me a few months to get rolling on any of what for lack of a better term I shall call my resolutions for the new year. Plans. Goals. Whatever.

My truck was in the shop for several days this past week, leaving me pretty much stranded. Stranded, and faced with a question of what to do around the house -- Read? Books? Comics? There are waiting piles of both. Watch some of those unwatched DVDs? (Marathoning Series 2 & 3 of Doctor Who in preparation for the start of Sci-Fi's broadcasting Series 4 this Friday did occur to me.) Do laundry?

Well, I did do a little laundry. I also cleared out all three closets on the first floor of the house. It's been more than a year, and I'm finally starting on the process of getting rid of my mom's things. This closet purge generated two big trash bags of clothes to go to Good Will, a pile of assorted stuff to go the to White Elephant sale at St. Francis, and at least six big trash bags of plain old trash to get, well, trashed. That's not counting the amount of stuff that went into the paper recycling -- I don't have a clear sense of that, since that bin was already filling up.

The trash went out on Monday night, along with the recycling, so that's gone. Now my next task is to get the Good Will and Elephant stuff out of the living room and off to its respective new homes, where those folk can, frankly, do with it what they will. None of it is among the things I feel that I actually need to find good homes for.

And the frustrating thing is that this didn't seem to make much of a dent in the volume of stuff that I need to deal with.

But it is, I suppose, a beginning.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home