Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Carrying a Torchwood

Last night I watched the final episode of the first series of the BBC's Torchwood. It's more or less a spin-off of the new series of Doctor Who. Add a little X-Files, pour into a classic team-show structure, stir and season to taste.

It doesn't ever function on the mythic level that the new Doctor Who sometimes reaches, but Torchwood certainly found its stride quickly. Considering that a full series on the BBC usually consists of 13 episodes, one had best find one's footing rather immediately.

The DVDs for Series 1 are on Netflix. Worth a look.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Aitala said...

Did you rent the DVDs or watch it on BBC America? BBCA edits the show down a bit. And it takes a while.

I prefer to watch my BBC shows a little sooner.

Also, I like to see the behind the scenes stuff which they sometimes put on the DVDs.

And don't forget the Sarah Jane Smith Adventures.. while it is a kids show, it is kinda cute.

E

6:34 PM  
Blogger Greg! said...

I got the Torchwood DVDs. I'd been warned by a friend who snags a lot of stuff off the interweb that the BBC America airing were sanitized.

I'd like to see the Sarah Jane Adventures. She was the first companion for me, when I started watching at the start of The Tom Baker Years, so I've always has a soft spot for her. I wish I was savvier and more fearless -- or at least more motivated -- in trying to download things like this offline.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home