Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Pieces of Eight

Oddly enough, this is not a review of the new Pirates movie. It's a response to my friend Rob's chainblog, or whatever. Eight things most people don't know about you. Err... me. Whatever. Some of this may actually be new to some people. In no particular order:

1. I hate hot weather. This is not news to anyone who's been to the Philly Folk Fest with me. For others, I have to stress that this is genuine hate. Loathing. Heat+humidity = very unhappy Greg.

2. Cats don't do it for me. I like -- or at least appreciate -- most dogs, but I'm more or less without fondness for felines. I don't actively dislike cats. Kittens are cute, sure. And I've met some great cats over the years. I know a lot of people genuinely bond with their cats, but I just don't get it. At times I think the dog- or cat-thing is like sexual orientation. You don't choose; it's just the way you are. I'm just not a pussy person.

3. I don't have a passport. The farthest I've been from "home" is Canada. I need to get a passport, and get farther at some point.

4. I was a Cub Scout. Gave it up with the transition to Webelo.

5. My shamefully large and admirably ecclectic music collection includes no albums of The Smiths, Pet Shop Boys or Madonna (unless you count the movie version of Evita).

6. I don't have a tattoo. Yet.

7. My parents, pediatrician or someone at the hospital had me circumcised as an infant. (There. At least one thing on this list that most people didn't already know. I think.)

8. I usually don't actually pass things such as things along, even when I do them myself.

Now you know.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob S. said...

I would have sworn you'd have the Dick Tracy soundtrack, at least.

Thanks for playing!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Greg! said...

Actually, I'd probably have it were it not for the fact that Dick Tracy indulged in that annoying practice of issuing both a "soundtrack" and a "score." I think all the Sondheim songs were on the Madonna "sountrack," which also included music that wasn't in the film. (Who invented that "songs from & inspired by" scam, anyway?) It's stuff like this that results in my owning two Moulin Rouge "soundtracks" -- one with the radio mix cuts of songs and another with the actual movie soundtrack performances.

Anyway, I didn't need to fret much. I think I now have recordings of all the original songs Sondheim wrote for Dick Tracy, performed by various folk on an assortment of in-concert recordings or collections of odd Sondheim stuff.
Wouldn't mind having that duet with Mandy Patinkin, though...
iTunes...?

11:16 PM  
Blogger Sharon GR said...

You're back! Yay!

I agree about the cat person thing. I like my cats well enough, but given the choice, I'm a dog person. Very much so.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Rob S. said...

The earliest "Songs inspired by"-type soundtrack I can remember (even though the songs were written long before the movie came out) is the second Big Chill soundtrack, called something like "Songs of the Big Chill Era" or something like that. Hard to fault 'em, since it got more Motown into my hands.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home