Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Smells like... chocolate

I visited Hershey Park for the first time this past weekend. Yes, the town smells like chocolate; more accurately, it smells like cocoa. A little weird, but you kind of get used to it.

It's a cool mid-sized park, although I didn't get to ride as much as I'd've liked, in part because we were there on a Saturday and in part because half the folks I was there with don't like to ride roller coasters and such. My agenda for the day would've been to hit all the woodies -- there are at least three -- and then work through the other steel coasters. The day was overcast and threatening rain, so the lines weren't all that massive and were not unpleasant to stand in (as opposed to baking under a vicious sun).

I was with people who wanted to visit Chocolate Land and take the "How Hershey's Chocoalte Is Made" ride/tour. (Which actually takes you through a mock-up of the factory, and features singing animatronic cows; the kitsch value is really quite high.) I was game for that, if only out of consideration for the two little kids we had in our group. But there were still two big wooden coasters I never got near.

This calls for a return trip.

6 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Spend the money, see the movie at Chocolate WORLD (not LAND).

It is really cool. 3D, Vibrating seats...

you were 20 miles from my house

7:43 PM  
Blogger News & Reviews said...

Well, it looks like I've got quite a lot of blogging to do to catch up to you! Brian was at Hershey on Sunday, he did get to ride the coasters. He wouldn't make it out alive if he hadn't! I did the chocolate world tour two years ago with my nephew and he was upset at the size of the small chocolate bar they gave you at the end of the tour so he purchased a 5 pounder in the gift shop!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've already had your one weekend of "baking under a vicious sun" for the year. But anytime you wanna go back to Hershey, lemme know.

I can't believe I haven't been there!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Rob S. said...

woodies... vibrating seats... what kind of theme park IS this?

11:05 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Its the SWEETEST place on earth since you asked

1:14 PM  
Blogger Sharon GR said...

Andrew was at Hershey headquarters for a meeting some time back. He said there are chocolates in every room throughout the place.

It is easy to get sick of chocolate, I'm sure.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home