Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Monday, April 05, 2010

If The Shoe Fits...


This past weekend I bought my first pair of genuine Birkenstocks. (I've owned sandals of a similar design in the past, but never the Thing Itself.) I can't say that this officially makes me a genuine granola-eating, NPR-listening Liberal -- I think that's been more or less a given for quite some time now -- but it certainly contributes to my looking the part.

And, yes, they're very comfortable.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

you DO got to Folk Fest ... I think you were half-way to Birkenstock already. :)

2:49 PM  
Blogger tim m said...

I have a pair of these too, but I don't often wear them out of the apartment (partially because of the connotations, but moreso because the sidewalks in my neighborhood are dangerous). But, they are comfortable.
I did wear them once as part of a "European tourist" costume, with black socks, of course.

3:38 AM  
Blogger Greg! said...

Yes, Dave, that should have been the third in the trio of signs.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Rob S. said...

I guess mine were poorly fitted.. because they were the cruelest shoes I ever owned.

Which is why, after years of them gnarling my feet like claws, I left them atop a bag of trash at Fest. And took photographic evidence that I did, so I wouldn't forget (which I did, until I saw the photo).

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home