Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yes!

I finally found a quote that sums up most of my feelings about the whole "less is more" bullshit people who just don't get it tend to spout in defense of what they think of as a "minimalist" aesthetic.

Less is only more where more is no good.

-- Frank Lloyd Wright
(1869-1959)
American Architect

It doesn't surprise me at all that Wright got it; the fact is abundantly evident in his work. But what a great way of putting it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

That was very well-put. You're right, cliches only work in certain situations. There are others where they're complete nonsense.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home