Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Sunday, December 19, 2004

washed out with the Yule tide

It's been more than a month since I posted on this thing. Yeesh. The I'm-crazy-busy-with-the-big-holiday-show excuse expired the week after Thanksgiving, so I'm not sure why I haven't blathered here.

Of course, right after T-giving I got social for a while, spending the weekends in NJ. Played some marathon D&D, went to Glen Burtnik's Xmas Xtravaganza, hung out with friends.

I haven't been doing all that much holiday type stuff, though. (Xtravaganza not withstanding.) I'm not quite to the Grinch/Scrooge point (yet), but I'm having a hard time feeling merry about things. Rather than something to celebrate, Christmas is feeling more and more like just something else to deal with. I don't begrudge the rest of the world the joy of the season (although my patience with the shopper lemming traffic is wearing past thin); I just don't seem to be tapping into it myself.

Thing is, I can't easily skip Christmas. Too many family expectations. And that movie-and-Chinese-restaurant idea keeps looking better and better...

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob S. said...

Kathy's suggestion: Try baking.

I have no suggestion. But I have to say -- if you think holiday traffic is bad in PA, it's probably even worse where we are in Jersey. But even if it isn't, it feels worse, since I have very little confidence that I'm on the right road to get me where I expect to go at any given time.

My one navigational tool: If I'm in a jam, I'm probably heading toward a mall. Thing is, that could mean I'm ANYWHERE.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home