Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Didn't we do this already?

Eight hours ago I was at Delaware County memorial Hospital, doing admissions paperwork for my mom. Yes, that would have been around two o'clock in the morning. And, yes, this is the third time in five months. This is getting old. No. Scratch that. It's gotten old.

There are days when I can't bear the thought that this is my life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob S. said...

Oh, Greg, I don't know what to say, other than this:

Persevere.

Things change; it's the only thing you can ever count on. As hard as this is on you, it's also hard on her -- no matter if she brought some of her condition on herself. Who hasn't done that, in any scrape or heath hazard we've ever been in? I've drank too much, eaten too much, and eventually will wind up in a hospital bed, too. Even when you clearly see something that can be done, sometimes nothing can be done. Our nature is our nature, yours, mine, your mom's.

My best advice is , as busy as you are with everything, is to make sure you take the time to see your mom, and talk to her, and make whatever reconciliation you can. And remember that your friends are all here for you as you go through this. Call me any time, buddy.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Sharon GR said...

Good luck, Greg. Good luck to your mom, too. We're thinking about you.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home