Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Monday, May 11, 2009

And in other news...

I found a comment from an unfamiliar source on my last post. Since the people who actually follow my blog can probably be counted on one hand (maybe two, but those would be three-fingered cartoon character hands), whenever a comment pops up from a newbie I usually check it out.

What's interesting here is that when I clicked on Mkcoy to find out more about this fellow with the oddly-spelled name and the strange ideas about punctuation I got sent here.

Interesting trick. I wonder how it works. I mean, it says "blogspot.com" in the URL, so I got curious. Something like this had happened a little while ago with a comment on another post, but that jump-link hadn't had anything blogspot or Blogger in it. I have today off, yet I still woke up early, and hunting for information on this seemed like a good way to procrastinate on doing the dishes.

Well, I never did find out quite what's going on with the whole Mkcoy business specifically, but I did manage to blow off dishwashing for more than an hour-and-a-half and in the process learn a few things about which I'd known little or nothing before. For example, you can have ads in your blog and ostensibly make money whenever people click on them. So that's what that Monetize tab is all about. And here I was thinking it let you format your blog in the style of French impressionist Claude Monet. Silly me. Although you must admit, that version of "Monet-ize" would be cool...

Anyway, I don't think any of this means I could set up my own information link to send people here or, say, here. [sigh]

Along the way, however, I did stumble upon a couple of cool blogs that have naught to do with my original curiosity. I can't explain how my path led here or here, although I'm amused by the former and am likely to keep checking in on the latter; that's just the way amateur interweb searches like mine work; it's like the odd juxtapositions you'd run across searching or browsing a card catalog (remember those?), and that's the beauty of it.


3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

First comment! Greg, try http://www.stumbleupon.com/ for your semi-random intarwebz serendipity?




word verification: wallspa (how does one build a spa on the wall?)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Greg! said...

Yeah, I've hit stumbleupon from time to time when I'm wasting time online. Roll yer dice, find some odd sites.


But it's not "wall spa," dude. It's "walls pa," all about the wall's pappy (which, one can only assume, refers to the floor).

11:55 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Could also be a remote town in Pennsylvania - Walls, PA.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home