Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Monday, April 27, 2009

Too tired to relax

I've been burning the candle at three ends for a couple of weeks already, and then Saturday the weather decided to contribute and assure that I'm as sapped of energy as I can possibly be while still walking around. I'm not walking around just now, of course. I'm blogging. Because I'm too sapped of energy to get up and wash the dishes, or do any of the other things that need doing but involve some form of walking around.

In April so far, I have:
-- Put in, teched and opened the first show in the Steinbright Stage since the lobby remodeling made a mess of that building;
-- Been seriously-dude-see-a-doctor sick with a sinus infection that may have become a chest infection may have become pneumonia;
-- Put in, teched, and opened the closing musical at PCS.

I haven't done much else, frankly. I'm exhausted, but I have such a backlog of postponed daily life business that I can't just collapse in anything like a restful way.

Just in case you were wondering, I do not in fact now have some Escher-inspired three-ended candle. It's still the same two-ended model Edna St. Vincent Millay used. So I'm not really burning the candle at three ends. I'm burning it at both ends and in the middle. It doesn't give any more light this way than it does in standard both-ends-burning mode, but it does droop rather a lot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael Heath said...

Seriously, go see a doctor if you haven't already. They'll check your breathing, prescribe some antibiotics, and you're done. I took the emergency hospital visitation route when I had pneumonia a few months ago because I kept going to work while still sick. The feeling of having viral-induced fluid enter your lungs can only be described as, "This is what an asthma attack must feel like..."

At least I can understand the when-do-I-get-a-vacation sentiment. While I have taken vacation time, that time hasn't been spent performing anything remotely relaxing.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Maybe you need some Jewish Penicillin aka chicken noodle soup... take care of yourself!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Rob S. said...

Seriously, dude, see a doctor. Not just about the sinus infectiamonia, but about the droopy candle. They have pills for that now.

Sorry we missed ya this weekend. I'll try to wander into town with better timing in the future.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home