Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Friday, April 03, 2009

Ahh, Google

I was hunting some photo reference through Google image and got a fun link. Some people might just think it's a odd search result, it's particularly fun for me.

I do the photo reference hunts a lot these days when I'm designing a set. There's so much on the web, it's like an exponentially bigger and more convenient search in comparison to the libraries-and-photocopies research I used to do. Indeed, it's so convenient I do it for practically everything, even though a large percentage either fails to yield helpful reference or just never gets used.

So since there's a boarding-the-trans-Atlantic-cruise-ship scene in Mack & Mable, I went hunting boarding ramps. It was easier than fast-forwarding through my old VHS of Titanic. I knew this was a bit of an oddly esoteric this to look for -- it's not the sort of thing people are likely to tag -- but the search did find several good references. It also also turned up this.

Way too cool. I wish I was twelve so I could have one.


3 Comments:

Blogger Eric Aitala said...

Ah, then you must not have seen this - http://www.hlj.com/product/FNMSWP-06

Note the price... which does not include shipping.

E

3:41 PM  
Blogger Greg! said...

Oh. My. God.

Of course, if I had millions of dollars I didn't know what to do with I might have a home vast enough to fittingly display something like this.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Eric Aitala said...

I finished my Falcon a couple months back. Its a nice kit... the kit was not that expensive.

Eric

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home