Define "a Life"...

... still searching for a clear definition of that thing people keep telling me I need to get...

Name:
Location: Springfield, PA

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Where's Snow Miser?

Thanksgiving Day, 2007. And the Weather Bug widget on my iBook says it's 69° F outside.

WTF?

My thermostat for the house is only set to 64°. And that's supposed to be for heating. This is November, for chrissakes.

So I'm wondering what's going on with Heat Miser and Snow Miser these days. Which has me thinking about my long-discussed live action version of the classic holiday special, The Year Without a Santa Claus. Not that I really believe there needs to be such a thing. I just liked the idea of casting Heat Miser and Snow Miser.



I confess that my favorite pairing is a bit esoteric. An on-screen reunion of Wallace Shawn and André Gregory:






Pleasing to the cognoscenti, no doubt, but but perhaps not as appealing to a wider audience. With that in mind, I think Danny Devito is a viable option, and I must concede that James Woods is probably a stronger choice overall.





Hell, yeah. Woods is a perfect match. It's the role he was born to play.

André Gregory does have the nose, though...

5 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

The live action movie happened last year. Harvey Fierstein was heat miser, Michael McKean Snow Miser. John Goodman was Santa Claus.

--*Rob

6:31 PM  
Blogger Sharon GR said...

Very cool!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Greg! said...

Oh.
My.
Gawd.

They did do a live action movie.

And, like the Scooby Doo movies, the casting is not as cool as mine would've been.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Rob S. said...

The only person who should be Heat Miser, in my opinion, is the animated corpse of Sam Kinison.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Sharon GR said...

Today, Cold Miser came back- in full force. 50MPH wind gusts in Our Fair State.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home